Lip enhancement & semi permanent lip liner in Bournemouth, Poole, Dorset & Hampshire
Lips are the facial feature men are interested in most after the eyes. As the ageing process begins we start to lose the shape, fullness and colour/pigment especially to the outer border of the lips where it most commonly fades. Lip enhancements are a wonderful way of subtly replacing lost pigment and can enhance your current lip shape or lip shade. It can also re-shape lips, visually increase the size of lips and adjust the shade.
To achieve flawless lip contours and stop lipstick from bleeding try our Permanent Makeup. We will carefully select a personalized color from our palette ranging from natural lip shades to current fashion colors that compliment your natural skin tone and fulfill your requests. Next, your lips are outlined with the pigmentation, and then with our Full-Lip-Shading technique we blend the color onto two-thirds of your lips to give you a perfect pout! Once completed, you will have perfectly applied constant lip color and vivid lip contours. You’ll never have to apply lipstick again even after eating, exercising or kissing! Do you have any of these concerns? Loss of lip definition? Loss of lip contour? Uneven lips? Loss of colour? Thin lips? All of these problems naturally happen as we get older and can be easily resolved with Permanent Make-up treatments.
There are many ways permanent make-up can enhance the lips. Some of the them include:
- making lips look fuller by placing the lip liner outside the natural lip line
- making lips look smaller by placing the lip liner under (inside) the natural lip line
- enhancing the shape of the bow (middle of the top lip)
- making a bow where there hasn’t been one
- making the lip more even and symetrical
Our Lip Line contouring enhancement can give a shape and definition to your exisitng lip line, the area where we loose our natural lip piment with ageing. Our contouring technique can be used to correct assymetry in your lip shape, and skillful use of colour can bring a plumper appearance to your lips.
Lip Blush Enhancement is for those who want the lip line to be less noticeable, therefrore it is then blended into the lip to give a softer more blushed look. First your lips are outlined with the delicate and subtle liner, and then we blend the color onto one-third of your lips using a soft shading technique to give you a perfect pout!
3D Full Lips
As we age, our lips can shrink and lose their natural shape and colour. You can put back the lost definition in your lips by having full lip treatment.We can help you to achieve flawless lip colour that is long lasting and can make your lips looking fuller. Using the latest techniques of a few colours shading in semi permanent we can create a three dimensional effect on your lips that will add depth and more plumped look.
- Lip tattoos take between three and 10 days to heal, depending on the size and depth of the treatment.
- You do not need to take time off work following the procedure.
- The colour intensity will fade up to 50% after the first treatment, which is why we recommend a top up 4 weeks later.
- The treatment is not painful, with most of our clients reporting only minor discomfort.
- Clients who have suffered from cold sores (Herpes simplex virus) can experience symptoms of the outbreak after the treatment to the lips.
- Anti-herpes medication is available over the counter or on prescription and has been shown to prevent or minimize such outbreaks.
- Lips after the procedure may appear very flaky/crusty for up to one week following the procedure.
Procedure Process Step by Step
Consultation (15 min)
Your consultation is the first and very important part of the process if you consider permanent make up. During the consultation we discuss your expectations and requirements of the permanent make up treatment, to establish the most realistic choice suited to you individually so you can be satisfied before commencing treatment.
During the Consultation:
- Take your time to explain what you would like and expect from the treatment and ask questions.
- I will talk to you and realistically explain and show, with photos, what can be achieved with permanent make-up.
- Have a good idea of realistic expectations.
- You will be asked to read through the medical form to check whether you are suitable for the treatment.
- The procedure will be explained.
- You will receive the before and after treatment advice and instructions to take home with you.
- The Patch Test will be performed for allergies. Therefore consultation should take place at least 24 hours before the treatment.
- Wear your normal make-up and bring your lip pencils as it will give me an idea of your prefered look.
- Your lip contour shape will be penciled and showed to you, so then we can start discussion on your shape and colour preferences.
Treatment (2 – 2.5 hours):
I will ask you to fill out some standard forms for permanent make-up industry.
A series of photographs are taken before procedure takes place.
You will be adviced the best colour and the best shape chosen for you individually.
- Shaping stage is crucial and therefore I spend as much time as needed to create the look that you will love. I take into consideration your facial features and face shape and discuss with you your preferences regarding shape.
- Using lip pencils I will create eyebrow look which is unique for you, this will allow you to visualize how the permanent make-up will look and ensures the finished result is exactly like you want and will give you an idea of the outcome result.
- Only when you are completely satisfied with the design it will be used as the template for your procedure.
- You acknowledge color/pigment/ shape selection for the permanent make up treatment.
- Anaesthetic gel is applied before and through out the procedure delivering maximum comfort at all times.
- The selected pigments are implanted into the skin by tiny needles using the equipment with respect of the safety and hygiene rules.
- For most if not all, this is not a painful procedure, you will feel vibrations on the skin from the needle not discomfort.
- I do understand if you may need a little break during the treatment
- I spend about an hour and a half on the actual treatment, but this can at times be slightly longer depending on your requirements.
- Your lips may appear slightly swollen straight after treatment, therefore it is advised not to plan any social activities for a day or so. Your colour will remain bold until they have fully healed, then over the next few weeks you will start to see your colour develop. The healed colour will be a soft example of your original choice of pigment. This is perfectly normal due to the colour fading once they have healed, which takes up to 7 days.
- After the treatment aftercare will be explained to you again.
- You will receive an aftercare cream to take home with you.
- After the procedure a series of photographs are taken to document the treatment. You can now view your before and after photos to see the difference permanent make-up has made for you.
- You can go back to your normal activities including work immediately after the treatment (with the exception involving hard physical work or intense physical exercise such as weight lifting)
- There may be some reddness and swelling of the pigmented area for the first few hours.
- The pigmentation will take a week to heal and the colour fully settle in about four weeks time after the treatment. Then is a time to schedule your touch up appointment.
Touch up (1-1.5 hour)
You are asked to come back for one touch-up visit before it can be determined that your eyebrow work is complete. Touch-up visits are scheduled between four weeks up to 3 months after your treatment.
This is a great opportunity to analyse your lips once healed. Reason for the duration in between the treatment is to ensure your skin has fully healed before treating the same area once again. Your colour choice may also be changed as I often recommend lighter colour for a first treatment due to a golden rule saying that it is easier to make lips looking darker but not always possible to lighten lips. After your touch up, this completes your whole lip treatment procedure.
Important aftercare instructions will be explained to you to ensure you take care of the treated areas for the following 7 days. You will also be given an aftercare leaflet and cream to be applied for 7 days.
Immediately after the treatment expect slight swelling and/or redness for 1-2 days following the procedure.
Remember For 7 days following application of permanent make up:
Avoid on the pigmented area: water, soap, facial cleanser, make-up, Retin-A, Glycolic Acids, Peroxide, chlorine pools, salty water, sun exposure, Jacuzzi’s, sauna or steamy, long showers.
Do not have any other cosmetic treatments such as facials, skin peels, laser ect within the first 4 weeks
Don’t pick, peel or scratch the treated area
Keep lightly moisture with cream provided for 7 days twice a day.
Wash with water and pat dry.
Avoid swimming, sun beds and sun bathing until the newly treated area is fully healed, as direct sunlight/chlorine can interact with pigments causing skin irritation and inflammation.
Avoid unnecessary rubbing, scratching or picking of the treated site while it is healing to reduce the risk of introducing infection.
Always wash and dry your hands before and after handling a newly treated site!
Do not use skin products on the treated area that have not been recommended by your practitioner or are not intended for open wound healing.
Continue this regime until the procedure area has completely healed
After healing, sun block must be applied on all permanent make-up procedure sites to prevent fading.
In the event that you would have any laser or IPL treatments in the area of your permanent cosmetics, please inform thephysician/technician that you have permanent makeup and to avoid the areas. Laser or IPL can discolor permanent makeup and cause it to darken.
Expect light to moderate swelling, usually 1 – 2 days following the procedure. Keep moist with cream provided for the next 7 days, then switch to lipstick with an SPF of 15 or greater, as the sun tends to fade lip color quickly. If you have ever had a cold sore or a fever blister, you must use ananti-viral medication for pre and post procedure to prevent the outbreak of cold sores. After the procedure, the lips may appear to have too much color. After 7 days, the color will become lighter as the epidermis sloughs off. It will appear that you have lost all your color; however, when your lips have healed completely, the dermal layer will gradually become darker. Two applications may be required to achieve the desired results. It is not uncommon to lose up to 70% of the color on the first application.
PLEASE NOTE: Permanent makeup procedures are affected by the canvas (your skin) that they are performed on. If your skin is sun damaged (even from tanning beds), thick and uneven in texture, or excessively dry or oily the result cannot be expected to be perfect. Scars on the lips from fever blisters cause pigment removal. Lifestyle, medications, smoking, metabolism, facial surgery, and age of skin all contribute to fading. Touch-ups can be performed 30 days after your initial procedure to ensure the best result and to to ensure your permanent cosmetic enhancement is complete and long lasting. Your procedure maintenance, as outlined in your post procedure directions, is very important.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Should I bring my lipstick? A: Yes, please bring any lip glosses, lipsticks etc that your like to use the most which will give us an idea in which colours you look and feel best.
Q: I have cold sores at the moment, can I have a lip treatment? A: No. The outbreak in the lip means you cannot have the lip treatment done. It must be fully healed in order for a permanent make-up lip treatment to be performed.
Q:I have a history of cold sores (herpes simplex); will this prevent me having treatment? A: No, you can still have a lip treatment. However, If you have a history of cold sores (herpes simplex virus) it is likely you will have an outbreak therefore we advise you to contact your General Practitioner to obtain the prescribed medication to prevent such outbreaks, or use your regular medication from your local chemist. You should use for one week before and one week after your treatment. This can help to minimise an outbreak.
Q: Can I have a lip wax or bleaching treatment before a lip treatment? A: You can have your lip waxed or bleached at least two weeks before your permanent lip make-up treatment.
Q: I have just had dermal fillers in my lips, can I still have permanent make up? A:Yes, you can have you lip treatment completed at least 14 days after your lip filler treatment.
Q: Does the lip treatment hurt? A: Lips can be more sensitive than brows or eyes, due to the larger surface area and greater blood supply. We use topical numbing cream before and during the treatment to reduce any discomfort.
Q: Does the lip swell during treatment? A: Yes, some minor swelling in normal. However it last for the maximum of 2 days.
POST – TREATMENT QUESTIONS
Q: How will my lips look like immediately after the treatment? A: Lips generally feel a little sore, which is normal.You may also experience some swelling and redness immediately after the treatment which can last 1-2 days. After this you may experience dryness and flaking for 2-5 days after the treatment. The pigment colour selected for your lip traetment will be looking darker, at first. However after lips are fully healed which is after about 7 days the colour will look a lot softer and lighter.
Q: What type of food I should avoid after the lip treatment? A: If you have had a lip treatment, you should avoid eating spicy and salty foods until the area has healed. We also recomment drinking liquids through the straw during healing process.